Education Enriches Lives
A pivotal piece of the Center’s mission is the training of future scientists and health care professionals. Together with a variety of departments and disciplines throughout the University, the Center on Aging provides courses to medical students, residents, undergraduate and graduate students of all majors.
The Miami Area Geriatric Education Center (MAGEC) at the Center on Aging also offers continuing education for a variety of health care professionals, human service providers, and long-term care staff. Through workshops, seminars, and lectures, we present a broad view of aging and its impact on the economy, health care, the workforce, technology, and beyond. A special initiative addresses the role of the family and the challenges of caring for the frail elderly, which has a powerful effect across the generations.
Current programs include:
• Center on Aging Scientific Lecture Series
• CREATE Student Pilot Research Program
• Geratric Psychiatry Training Program
• Gerontology Certificate Program
• OSHER Lifelong Learning Institute
• Student and junior faculty mentoring